Talk:Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
someone REALLY needs to update this. it was changed to be for PS2 & has a new release date, different features, etc. i don't have the time, energy, or interest. anyone up for it?
OLD'D! Alsooo... has anyone been thinking this is starting to look like a guide than an article? -- Alexie
Please, someone who has this game, or many people who have this, update this page to have good information.
Ratings and criticisms?
Yeah, someone really needs to work on that, but it's not me. I don't own the game, but I've seen reviews giving it a 6/10 and it being criticised for huge amounts fo time being spent on wandering aimlessly, and that it's best nto to get into ANY battles. But I'm not gonna do it. I haven't played this game. And I pretty much came here in the first place to review the criticisms and ratings.
- One reason for the long paths between levels is a technical one: it masks the obligatory loading sequences that must take place between different areas. Other games like Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime, or Jak & Daxter, use this technique as well to provide a smoother experience for the player. --Stratadrake 06:29, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
Needed: Bold Rewrite
Much of this article is nothing more than a loose collection of lists (a violation of WP:NOT). I commented it all out (rather than just deleting it) so that we can review it and determine what elements are really needed in the article, and what other elements are merely cruft to be left for other sites like GameFAQs. Anyone feel bold enough to start the reconstruction? --Stratadrake 06:42, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
Well, to help with the criticisms, how about a list of them compiled by player's experience and game reviews? I'm not a player of this game, though. Abby724 17:56, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
- This was supposed to be a PLAYSTATION game. What took so long to make the game?
- Annoying, tedious, simplistic combat. -Gamespot, IGN
- Cliche story about Good VS Evil.
- Cheesy voiceacting, unimpressive. -Gamespot
- Graphics are outdated. -IGN, Gamespot
- Confusing Mission info. Don't know where the next one is, one time-text hint. Backtracking to find it. -IGN, Gamespot
- Pointless, filler missions. -IGN
Another: The game's background loading system isn't perfect, so when travelling between areas, sometimes the game will pause for a moment to finish loading the data, before the player can continue. Yeah, graphics are outdated (a converted PSX title will do that) and combat wasn't on par with more modern titles, but I did find it an interesting little adventure (IMHO). --Stratadrake 08:11, 19 July 2006 (UTC)