Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/June 10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1838 – At least 28 Indigenous Australians were massacred at Myall Creek, New South Wales.
- 1868 – Mihailo Obrenović, Prince of Serbia, was assassinated in the park of Košutnjak in Belgrade.
- 1918 – World War I: Italian torpedo boats sank the Austro-Hungarian dreadnought SMS Szent István off the Dalmatian coast, killing 89 of the crew.
- 1957 – Led by John Diefenbaker (pictured), the Progressive Conservative Party won a plurality of House of Commons seats in the Canadian federal election.
- 2008 – War in Afghanistan: A U.S. airstrike resulted in the reported deaths of eleven paramilitary members of the Pakistani Frontier Corps and eight Taliban fighters in Pakistan's tribal areas.