2 May 1984
Sherin Shringar, known by her stage name Sherin or Shirin is an Indian actress, who has appeared in Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu films. After making her debut in Kannada films, Sherin received acclaim following her role in Thulluvadho Ilamai (2002), and has since starred in films including the horror drama Whistle (2003).She is a finalist of the reality show, Bigg Boss Tamil 3
Sherin Shringar was born in Bengaluru, Karnataka. She completed her schooling from Kaveri School, before attending Baldwin’s Women’s Methodist College, and then discontinuing it. She later started her modeling career when she was just a teenager and appeared as a child artiste in the Kannada film Police Dog, which had a delayed release. Sherin made her debut as an actress in Kannada films through Dhruva (2002), in which she starred alongside Darshan in the lead role.
Sherin won critical acclaim and box office success through her debut Tamil film, Kasthuri Raja's coming-of-age drama Thulluvadho Ilamai (2002). Starring opposite Dhanush in his acting debut, the film garnered publicity prior to release for its music by Yuvan Shankar Raja and its adult story written by Selvaraghavan. It subsequently became a commercial success at the box office, effectively launching the careers of Sherin and Dhanush. The actress won the Cinema Express Award for Most Popular Actress for her performance, while she later went on to star in the Telugu remake titled Juniors (2003). Sherin then appeared in supporting roles alongside senior actresses Ramya Krishnan in Jaya (2002) and Simran in Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi (2003), and also garnered attention for her negative role in the horror film Whistle (2003) and her role opposite debutant Sibi Sathyaraj in Student Number 1 (2003). Sherin later moved on to work on Telugu and Malayalam films, appearing in Krishna Vamsi's thriller drama Danger (2005).
In the late 2000s, Sherin's offers as a leading actress began to decrease, and several films she had starred in were subsequently delayed or shelved. A return to Kannada films with Bhoopathi and the Tamil action drama Urchagam (2007), both fared badly at the box office. A six-film contract with SPR Productions did not materialise as expected, while Cash and Maya with Shaam and the S. J. Surya-starrer Vil were dropped midway through production. She notably appeared in an item song in Linguswamy's Bheema (2008) alongside Vikram. Other films including the Kannada film Sihigali and the Tamil film Poova Thalaiya, had delayed low-key releases in 2010. Sherin subsequently chose to take a career sabbatical in the late 2000s, and briefly took up a course in Art and Culture in Sydney.
She made a return to Kannada films through Om Prakash Rao's AK 56 (2012) alongside Siddhanth, which garnered a good commercial response. Her next release, the comedy drama Nanbenda (2015), saw her appear in a supporting role, where she was paired opposite comedian Santhanam. In 2019, she took part as a contestant in the Tamil reality television show, Bigg Boss Tamil 3 where she was the first ever contestant in Bigg Boss Tamil, who was never nominated for eviction within the first 10 weeks of the show and she emerged victorious as the 3rd Runner Up of the season.
|Student Number 1||Anjali||Tamil|
|Whistle||Maya / Naga||Tamil|
|Hareendran Oru Nishkalankan||Pooja Vasudevan||Malayalam|
|2019||Bigg Boss Tamil 3||Contestant||Star Vijay||Tamil||3rd Runner-up|
|2020||Dancing Super Stars||Judge||Star Vijay||Tamil|
- "Sandalwood Movie Actress Sherin Shringar Biography, News, Photos, Videos". NETTV4U. 5 May 1985. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "Movies: The Rediff Review: Thulluvatho Ilamai". rediff.com. 23 July 2002. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "`Kannathil Muthamittal' bags 6 Cinema Express awards - TAMIL NADU". The Hindu. 22 December 2002. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- Friday Review (4 July 2003). ""Whistle" - CHEN". The Hindu. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- HostOnNet.com. "BizHat.com - Student No:1 Review. Sibiraj, Sherin, Nasser, Manivannan, Yugendra, Pandu, Vinu Chakravarty". Movies.bizhat.com. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- [dead link]
- "SHERIN BHEEMA URCHAGAM Thulluvatho Illamai Nandha Vikram Ram Gopal Verma movie stills review trailer gallery". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Shirin files complaint against Sanjay Ram". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "Sherin with a short skirt! | Hindi Movie News - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 15 September 2008. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "Shirin: I don't want to do C-grade films - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "Siddanth: Meeting fans was overwhelming: Sherin | Movie News - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 5 March 2012. Retrieved 13 October 2019.